Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Youth XL

Alex and I have been tearing the town apart looking for Patriots wear. We went through this for the Red Sox back in October. I should have learned my lesson! Although now Red Sox items are everywhere. So last night we went to Sports Authority. Actually, we went to 2 different Sports Authorities. It was amazing the difference in the two stores.

One store had absolutely NOTHING with the Patriots logo on it. Well, that's not true. There was that poster for the Super Bowl, but the Giants took up half the poster, so that didn't count.

At the other Sports Authority, they had a whole display of Patriots gear. Jerseys, t-shirts, hats, and jackets. Granted, the Giants display(s) were far more impressive, but at least we had something. They even had a rack of Youth clothing. I was bummed that the smallest anything they had in adult wear was a Men's Large. So I looked through the Youth items. Not only are they cheaper, but they actually fit me! The Youth XL is (I dare say) even slightly big on me! I was quite surprised. That's the size that Alex wears. Either I'm shrinking or he's getting big... either way, the Youth sizes are cheaper ($14 compared to $19) and I was thrilled to get myself a Patriots AFC Champion T-shirt for the Big Game on Sunday.

Oh and night #1 of "Turn off the TV Week" was a success. Although it wasn't that difficult with the State of the Union on every single channel...

3 comments:

miftik said...

Wow, next time you go school shopping, you will be buying clothes for him that are too big for you!

We fell asleep at 9pm thanks to the State of the Union. I have such a hard time listening to him that it is easier to just read it.

We're supposed to be going to a party on Sunday and I am really not sure if I can handle watching it. I'm going to be an emotional wreck on Monday, no matter if they win or lose.

Anonymous said...

Turn off the TV Week coordinators must be Democrats...

Amanda said...

I think I'll be watching the game through my fingers!!