Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Toast with the Most

This evening I had the opportunity to attend a wonderful event at the Museum of Science & Technology. (The MOST) A co-worker of mine was being honored (hence, the "Toast") for all of his years helping with MDA. In fact there were many people being honored. It was a fantastic event, with silent auctions, amazing food and great company. I was extremely disappointed with myself however, when I took my camera out of my purse to begin what was to be a fun evening of picture taking, only to discover that I had left the battery charging in my office. So I apologize that there are no photos of this great event. There is a section on our website that talks about all of the honorees. The photos on the side are all the folks who were honored at the event. Tim is my co-worker. He's been one of the co-hosts of the MDA telethon for 25 years.

We were so impressed with the event at the MOST that I think we have convinced our GM that we would like to have our holiday party there next year. What a great place for an event! It's roomy and fun and has a great atmosphere. Our "events committee" was well represented tonight at the "Toast" so we took a vote amongst ourselves and it was unanimous.

In other news, I learned a valuable lesson today. Big brother is watching. It's true. I took the liberty of deleting and editing several posts. And I will be much more careful in the future with my choice of words. I don't mean to be cryptic, if you're curious, email and ask. I will tell you all about it! It's not a huge deal, just a reality check really. And I'm just being overly cautious now. Just be careful of what you say online, you never know who's reading it.

Tomorrow is Friday! 3-day weekend for us. I can't wait to relax, watch some great football games and attempt to stay warm. Monday I get to take Jenny to the vet for her annual check-up. That ought to be interesting. She's not very fond of the vet. I'm sure a blog-post will follow that afternoon bit of fun. I just hope she doesn't bite the nurse too badly this time...

No comments: