Thursday, January 24, 2008

Now what??

I was having a decent day today. My stomach was feeling a little funky this morning, but then surprisingly, it got better after I ate a bowl of "Cowboy Chili" at work. I was very nervous for awhile that things would take a turn for the worse, but they did not. I think I now have an iron stomach. Which is a new thing for me. I was extremely busy at work, so the day passed fairly quickly. So all of these were pretty good things. Then I got home.

The light was blinking on the answering machine. I don't often get messages. The people I know would call my cell phone if they needed me, not leave a message on the home phone. So immediately I wondered who it might be. I was not prepared for the message I heard.

It was Tom. He's the realtor for our Cape Cod summer rental. He was calling to let us know that he received our check for the downpayment, but unfortunately they were no longer servicing the rental cottage that we had reserved last summer. The very cute, fun, perfect rental cottage. They were no longer renting it. I was shocked. And sad. And now I don't know what to do. Do we try to find another cottage? Nothing will ever be as perfect as that one. Do we say forget it and go somewhere completely new? I like new places. But I love the old one too...

So now we start from scratch and figure out what we should do for our summer vacation. I was so excited that we were going back to the same place this year. It was going to become a tradition. I wasn't prepared for this. What should we do?? Suggestions are welcome!

Incidently, for anyone who is curious, the photos from our wonderful summer Cape Cod vacation from last year are under the "photo albums" link on the left hand side. After you see the photos, you will see why I'm so sad...

1 comment:

rb said...

ooooo :( i think you should look for another place on the cape.. that did look like an awfully sweet place though.