Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bad dog.

Jenny, our 16 month old Pembroke Welsh Corgi, has recently been getting new privileges. I was slowly letting her have some freedom during the day. She had been locked in her crate while I was at work. This is something we started when we brought her home and it was very successful. She did very well in her crate. It was a little before Christmas that I decided to start letting her have the living room during the day. I would gate it off and leave her in the living room, with her crate open so she could use it if she desired. I thought things were going well and was even considering giving her more space. Possibly the hallway, the bathroom and the kitchen. But last night when I returned home, I discovered that she has been destroying my house. The sliding glass door curtain had a hole chewed in it. It was still wet when I noticed, so it was a very recent bit of destruction. I also noticed that the legs of my old Boston Rocker have been chewed. That used to be a favorite chew toy of hers when she was a puppy, but I thought she had stopped. Apparently I was wrong.



So as of today, Jenny will be back in the crate until further notice. Sorry short-stop.


4 comments:

rb said...

oh no.... i love that "short-stop". :)

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it wasn't Alex?....or you???? (the missing slipper)

Amanda said...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it wasn't me this time! And I don't think Alex enjoys gnawing on wood and fabric... I think the blame is on the right culprit this time.

Anonymous said...

Bad Jenny!