Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2007: A Year in Review


I have dubbed 2007 the "Year of the Dog". It was our first full year of dog ownership. We got Jenny in November of 2006. So 2007 was our first full year with her. And in doing this "Year in Review", I realized that my normal weekend trips and visits to see family was pretty much non-existant. Having a dog means you either take the dog with you or find somewhere for the dog to go. With her being so young and um, rambunctious... I felt bad dumping her on friends and didn't want to board her at a kennel and she was not very good at traveling yet. So we stayed home a lot. Or we did day trips. We were able to leave her with Steve during the 2 weeks we were on vacation though. So thankfully, we weren't chained to the house for the entire year.
.
In 2008, I hope to get out of town a little more and visit my family and friends. I haven't seen my brother and his family since July of '06. My new nephew Bryan was born in August of '06 and I have yet to meet him! We also haven't been to my parents house since around the same time. Thankfully, they have been able to visit us several times this year. So in 2008, I vow to either bring the dog along or leave her with friends so that I may visit family & friends more.
.
It was fun putting this together. All of the memories and fun we have had this year all wrapped up nice and neat into a little slideshow. One of our biggest highlights of the year was our very fun trip to Chicago, our week at the Cape was also wonderful. And the year ended on a great note with our trip to the Meadowlands! Enjoy the show and feel free to comment on photos. And thank you Rebecca for this great idea!! Here's to more fun times and to a very happy and healthy '08!

No comments: