Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Meme and eBay

Ok, I started the Meme thing last month and I've completely gotten off track. So I think I'll start it up again and do it on Mondays. Since "Monday Meme" has a nice ring to it.

So in the spirit of winter, here's a winter question:
If you could take part in the Winter Olympics. What sport would you do? Here's a link to all the Winter Olympic sports if you aren't familiar with them. And this doesn't mean you have to be good at the sport, this is just for fun!

My answer: Well, I've always wanted to be a figure skater. I've just never had the poise or grace to do much with it. However, I think maybe I should have been a speed skater! I used to be a pretty good runner back in the day and I can skate ok... perhaps I should have joined the two sports and given Bonnie Blair a run for her money!

And speaking of crazy ideas... I put one of the ticket stubs from the last Patriots game on eBay. I noticed that other people were doing the same thing, since they had a perfect 16-0 season. Well, it sold for $43! How insane is that?? We're keeping the other ticket stub as a souvenir. I think I'll frame it with a nice photo of Tom Brady for Alex to hang in his room.

2 comments:

miftik said...

Bobsledding! If the Jamaicans can have a bobsled team, I could surely try!

Beth in NEPA said...

No active events for me but perhaps I would be an announcer type person. I always loved to watch the bobsledding but am too big a chicken to try it.

Sorry you didn't get to be a figure skater. I seem to remember you starting up ice skating lessons in KY and then got pregnant with Alex so that ended that I suppose.