Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back to work...

It feels like Monday. I don't like Mondays. But at least it's really Tuesday. The 3-day weekend was very nice.

I took Jenny to the vet yesterday. It went about as well as I had expected. Thankfully the only one she bit was me. She did fine with all of the nail cutting, shots and even the um, temperature taking trauma. It was when she heard the other dog outside the exam room door that she turned into Cujo. It wasn't pretty. By the time we left, I sported a new fur coat with all the hair she shed. She was pretty low-key the rest of the day, which was a nice change of pace.

Eric came over for dinner last night and I made 2 versions of Manicotti. They both turned out very well I thought. The 3 of us enjoyed them and can't wait for leftovers today. The first was a Chicken Manicotti. The other was a Cheese Manicotti. The recipes were both in this month's Kraft magazine. They were yummy!! (I made a few minor alterations, but for the most part followed the directions.)

Oh and the Apple Dapple cake didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I followed the directions to a T, at least I think I did. None of us really cared for it. It was very heavy and kind of dry. And the syrup thing was runny and gross. Maybe there's a better recipe out there somewhere.

2 comments:

miftik said...

What about a muzzle for the time that her mouth isn't being inspected? I've been thinking about doing that for Skittles.

If you don't want to do a muzzle, what about a sedative? They have relaxers that won't make them go limp, but they will be a little out of it.

That cheese manicotti looks really good. I use flour tortillas for my manicotti. Otherwise I make a huge mess stuffing them.

Amanda said...

Where do you get the relaxers?? I need some!! For Jenny of course...

I was thinking I'd use shells next time I did that manicotti recipe. I think that would be easier since they're not closed. It was kind of messy stuffing them. But oh, so tasty!