Thursday, March 13, 2008

No Butts About It

Yesterday I was watching our morning show during the "Beauty Tips" segment and took notice when the guy was talking about under-eye cream. Much to my surprise, he suggested we use Preparation H to help reduce under-eye puffiness and dark circles. I guess if you think about it, it does "reduce swelling" in other areas, so why not under the eyes too?

I decided to uh, get to the bottom of this by researching it on the internet.

- An article on Maxim.com says this: "Dermatologists agree that Preparation H does the trick. It tightens facial skin by temporarily constricting blood vessels and shrinking under-eye tissue..."

- Seventeen’s magazine Beauty myths and secrets: One of their 17 all-natural beauty secrets is: Preparation H shrinks bags under your eyes.

- The makers of Preparation H say this: Hemorrhoidal tissue and is not meant for the area around the eyes. There is no clinical evidence to support that it reduces eye puffiness.

I guess I should stick to my Avon products!

2 comments:

rb said...

i've heard this before, out of the mouths of models.. there has to be some truth to it.. try it!!

Anonymous said...

I've also heard this, but some things are just not meant for the eye area! The best thing I ever had was some gel by Clinique. It's like $480,000 for a tube though (ok, maybe not that much but it's not cheap either!)