Monday, March 24, 2008

The Lake in the Spring, Easter and Diamonds

I had a busy and productive weekend! Aside from major amounts of cleaning, I went to the library, did some shopping, read some books, went to the lake, and had a wonderful Easter dinner with Eric's family. I took the above photo at the lake. Kind of like the spring version of the winter shot I took a few weeks ago. I think I'll take a version for each season and put them in a frame together.

On Easter Sunday, we had a wonderful dinner at Eric's mom's house. The above photo is of the eggs that Eric's niece, Laura, decorated with her Grandma Sheila. They did a very nice job, they are very creative!

This photo shows what a perfect Easter Sunday that Kelsey and Alex had. Kelsey was busy IM-ing her friends while Alex got his fix of the NCAA basketball tournament. You can see Grandma Sheila working hard in the kitchen from the mirror on the wall...


And finally, the news I've been dying to tell. Eric and I are getting married! Here's a photo of the ring. (Well, the 'stand-in'... I get the real ring on Friday, but it's the basically the same, just gold, not silver.) The wedding or elopement or something in between will most likely take place early next Spring. We'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

What a BEAU-tiful ring!!! I hear Cleveland is just gorgeous during the spring (ha-ha). Although, if you knew someone in sunny & warm Florida, you could honeymoon there...just a thought!!! Congrats!!!! ~Debbie

miftik said...

Yay. Congrats. You should elope on a Friday evening and just tell me and Amy and ask off a little early that afternoon. Oh wait, that's what I did. Maybe you could do it on a Thursday. :P

Debbie... the high tomorrow is 68 here. That's cold by Florida standards.

Amanda said...

Thanks everyone!

Maria... Debbie lives in Florida too. I think she just invited us down! We can spend a few days with her then go up to see you! And I'd take 68 over 25 any day. :)

miftik said...

Ahh, ok. lol

You know, after seeing the ring this morning, I couldn't stop humming the JB Robinson song.

Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

I always forget to check your blog. Sheila reminded me today. The ring is beautiful!! So much nicer than it looked on Skype;0) You and Alex will be a wonderful addition to the family.

Your soon to be sister-in-law,
Diane