Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Yum-O!



I found a fun recipe for what I'm now calling "Spinach Cups". I made a few variations and made it my own.

Here's the recipe:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/8 cup sour cream
1/8 cup cream cheese
1/8 cup parmesan cheese
Handful of shredded Mozarella cheese
1/2 package of frozen spinach, thawed & drained
1 package of Crescent Rolls

Pre-heat oven to 375.
Mix together all the ingredients except the Crescent Rolls. Set aside. Take the package of Crescent Rolls and separate into 6 squares. (Just press together the perforations.) Use a 6-cup ungreased muffin pan. Press one square into each muffin cup. Fill each crescent with spinach filling. Bake in oven for 9-11 minutes or until edges are nicely browned. Makes 6 Spinach Cups.

These were SOO good and so easy to make. Even my son loved them. Although he likes most everything, but still, he loved them too. Next time I'm going to use a mini-muffin pan and make them bite-sized for appetizers. And perhaps double the recipe for a larger group. This was a perfect amount for just the 2 of us.

So I got a call from the Vet today. Apparently Jenny needs to be on a new diet. Her food is giving her kidney stones. Or something like that. I didn't really understand it. She's got crystals forming in her pee. And he suggested a "Urinary Diet". I don't have the details yet (he left a message), but tomorrow I'll call back and find out what she's allowed to eat. I'm guessing caramel corn and peanut butter crunch won't be on the list...

We're in the midst of another winter storm. I imagine I'll be up early to snow-blow the driveway. I wonder if there will be school...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those came out great!