Sunday, February 10, 2008

It's a Good Day for Baking

Brrrr! It's 8 degrees outside. And lake effect is on its way. It's been a perfect afternoon to bake. I made a Pear-Apple Crisp, Oatmeal Cookies and then a nice Chicken Stroganoff for dinner.

The Pear Apple Crisp came from my Taste of Home magazine. (I love this magazine!) Here is the recipe. I have never thought to use a can of apple pie filling for a crisp. I usually slave over peeling and cutting apples. We were all in agreement that the homemade crisp is better, but this was a nice, easy alternative.

The Oatmeal Cookies came from my Betty Crocker cookbook. I added a nice twist to the traditional recipe. Instead of 1 1/2 cup of oats, I used 3 packets of apple-cinnamon oatmeal and a cup of plain oats. It added just a perfect amount of apple-cinnamon flavor. Very nice! I would definitely make these again.

For the Chicken Stroganoff, I used another Taste of Home recipe. The only difference was that I added a can of Cream of Chicken soup instead of the chicken broth & flour. It was just easier and we love the taste of the Cream of Chicken soup. (I also left out the bacon.) This is a great comfort food for a cold evening. And I can't wait for the leftovers tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you like ToH so much :)