Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Madness

Today was a crazy day. Work seemed unusually busy and it didn't help matters that I had to leave in the middle of the day to take Jenny to the Vet and then race back to work to finish things up.

This photo is the giant "order" of gift baskets I got first thing this morning. They're for a sales conference tomorrow. Included is a nice Grey's Anatomy travel mug, NC9 t-shirt, the '08 Weather Calendar and a local restaurant gift certificate. I had to buy supplies for the basket assembly, then had about an hour to complete the task. I've become quite the gift basket maker as of late. It started out as a one-time thing a few years back. Just making one basket for a silent auction. Then it became a couple of baskets here and there. Now I do about 3-4 a month it seems. For some event or other. This was definitely the biggest request yet. Maybe I should start a side business...

The vet visit was fun today. (Not really.) I wore my black wool coat. That was a huge mistake. I still haven't gotten all the dog hair off of it. Jenny indeed has a UTI and was given some anti-biotics. I was shocked at the bill. I'm still shocked at the bill. I'm now in search of pet insurance. If a simple UTI cost me over $200, I hate to think what it will cost if something serious were to happen to her! If anyone knows of any good pet insurance, please let me know!!

2 comments:

miftik said...

We took Skittles to the vet in 2006 for breathing issues and the bill was $600. So not cool. I took her again this past November because she was again having breathing issues and that was $300. All they did was give her an injection of steroids and give me a bunch of meds. At least we have better meds to hopefully avoid another emergency trip.

Let us know what kind of info you find about insurance.

Amanda said...

So far my research has found that VPI is pretty good... (Veterinary Pet Insurance) I'm looking into that at the moment...