Saturday, December 1, 2007

Holiday Hoopla

Eric and I attended my company Holiday Party last night. It was at the Glen Loch Restaurant in Jamesville. I had never been to the Glen Loch, or to Jamesville for that matter. It was about 30 minutes south of my house, straight down the interstate, then off some side roads and into the woods to the middle of nowhere. It was very cold and there were intermittent snow squalls. We arrived around 7:30 to find no parking in the lot by the restaurant. It seemed others had the same problem. There were what seemed to be restaurant staff out braving the snow and cold to direct cars to an empty, muddy field across the road from the restaurant. So in our formal wear and high heels, (well I wore high heels, Eric did not) ran through the mud, snow, ice and cold from the car to the restaurant. It was warm inside, but very crowded. I think the entire staff showed up with their significant others. In addition, we had clients and their significant others. I would say there were about 200+ people there. A very good turn out. However, it was very crowded the first hour or two. The bar was 3-4 people deep waiting for beverages. I felt like I was at a college keg party, without the stench of stale beer. We chatted with many co-workers on our way to the bar for our first of many (well, I had many... Eric was a very good designated driver.) Then after that, we stood in line for the buffet. They had a roast station, with rolls, then a pasta station, a salad station and a nice dessert area. We headed back to the room with the bar to park ourselves down at a great table in front of the fireplace. It was very cozy and warm. I think it is safe to say it was a good time had by all. Here are some photos of the party. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's that old guy you're with?

Amanda said...

You're not old! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey!...How'd you know it was me?

Anonymous said...

You both look lovely!