Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Pink Fuzzy Box of Lipstick

Last evening we went to Eric's company party. PBS does it up right! They had a great sit-down dinner and fun door prizes too. Eric and I each won something. I won a gift certificate to a local restaurant and he won tickets to the Symphony. I see a couple of dates in the future! It was a very fun evening. Eric was in charge of taking photos.

Today was my last day of work this week. I have a half-day on Monday and Tuesday off. We had our 3rd Annual Holiday 3-hour Lunch for the Bridge Street crew today. I also exchanged gifts with a few friends. It was a very festive day! I somehow managed to get all my work done too.

Alex also had a gift exchange at school today. At 10:00 last night, after Eric's company party, I picked up Alex. He informed me that we needed to go shopping for his school gift exchange. He said they were doing a separate boy/girl gift exchange. So we had to buy a $5 "boy" gift. We went to Wegmans for candy. A gigantic Hershey's bar, a couple of containers of sour candy drops and a Rudolph push-pop. After I picked him up today, I asked him what he got in his gift exchange. Apparently the boy/girl gift exchange turned into a whole class gift exchange and he ended up getting a pink fuzzy box of lipstick. Poor kid. He was horrified and very unhappy. As any 11 year old boy would be. He said he threw away the pink fuzzy box and ended up giving the lipsticks to various girls. He kept the cherry flavored lip gloss for himself.

2 comments:

rb said...

eric's got some cute coworkers. :)

Anonymous said...

Snort. Well at least Alex didn't keep any of the lipsticks for himself...