Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas cookies and snow

I have all the ingredients to make lots of cookies this weekend. My holiday favorites, Red and Green M&M cookies are first up. Then the Hershey Kiss cookies. I might also make a batch of pumpkin cookies. I also found a great recipe for Pumpkin Pie Bars that looks quite good. Although, I might wait and make those once the cookies have disappeared. That's far too many sweets for one weekend. Even though I'll be giving a lot of it away.

The snow finally stopped this afternoon. I actually saw the sun come out for a bit. I think we had 4 straight days of non-stop snow. I hear it will probably start back up in some form or other tomorrow. But I bought a new 2-gallon gas can, so now I can have up to 3 1/4 gallons of gas on-hand for the snow blower. I think (hope) that will last a little while.

I think we have a nice quiet weekend ahead. No parties, no ballets, no nothing. Just some relaxation, possibly some shopping (not at the mall) and lots of baking.

No comments: