Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Baking 101


Last night Alex decided he (we) wanted to make sugar cookies. I had all the ingredients on hand, we got a great recipe off bhg.com and in no time he had the electric mixer in hand. I was pleasantly surprised at his enthusiasm during the entire project. I figured he would show interest early on and then leave the cookie making to me. Nope. Not this time. Start to finish. (Well, minus the washing of the dishes...) He completed the project and proudly ate the fruits of his labor. He had a great time. I think that cooking class he took over the summer really paid off! He did all of the mixing and then the rolling of the dough. He cut all the shapes and placed them on the cookie sheets. I think my only participation was the sprinkling of the sprinkles and taking the hot cookie sheets out of the oven. We only made half of the cookies last night, so we can make the rest once this batch has been devoured.

No comments: