Thursday, November 29, 2007

Weekend Plans

It has been a long and busy week. I am looking forward to the upcoming weekend. We have a few fun and interesting activities planned. Also, there is a nice threat of some lake-effect snow. Maybe I'll finally get to try out that new snow blower. DE the weather man has been giddy for days with the anticipation of significant accumulations.

Tomorrow night at this time we'll be whooping it up at the company Christmas... I mean Holiday Party at the Glen Loch. Ok, maybe whooping it up isn't exactly the right term. But we'll be having fun nonetheless. I'm looking forward to the party this year. Last year we didn't go because it was on a Wednesday night. There was much complaining from the masses and therefore was scheduled for a Friday night this year. It was met with much rejoicing. There will be a higher attendance this year. Especially if that open-bar thing is still a go.

Tomorrow (correction: Saturday) evening Alex and I will be attending "The Nutcracker". (Free tickets, of course.) Hopefully this time there won't be anybody behind us taking off their shoes. And if there is, you can bet I will speak up this time!

And, if we can coordinate schedules, our "lunch club" from work will do a dinner at a new restaurant that RB has discovered, Papa Gallo. They're a tex-mex place. You can be sure that if we go, there will be many photos of our meals to share and possibly a review. At least at RB's blog. She's much better at that than I am!

Oh and here's a must-listen for you: Alex's new favorite Christmas song is Dominick the Donkey. It does have a fun ring to it. We listened to it 12 times tonight. Hee haw!

3 comments:

rb said...

how are you going to be able to go to nutcracker and the holiday party tomorrow night?

i went to papa gallo tonight with a friend cause my mouth waters each and every time i drive by (twice daily).. i look forward to many returns (hopefully this weekend).. a full review is forthcoming..

Amanda said...

OOps. I meant Saturday night for the Nutcracker. I should proof read my blog sometimes. How was the food at Papa gallo??

Anonymous said...

I hate Dominic the Donkey.