Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Celebrations Continue!

The birthday festivities continued into Day 2. Today was a fun little birthday lunch with some of the crew from work. Because it was right before the holiday, a lot of the crew had prior commitments and projects to finish, but the few of us who were able to get away had a great time. Our department tries to take everybody to lunch on their birthday. Which makes for about 1-2 birthday lunches a month. It's nice to get out of the building and hang out with co-workers in a non-working environment. Even our boss joins us. It's usually a nice time, and Chili's is the usual lunch destination. You gotta love the never-ending bowls of freshly made chips and salsa.
.


I usually get a chicken sandwich, but today I had a craving for a quesadilla. I showed RB the quesadilla on the menu that I wanted and it was quite a surprise to me when a sizzling platter of Fajita's showed up. Apparently when I ordered my meal, I actually ordered a Fajita. I have no recollection of saying that, but RB confirmed that I had indeed said Fajita, and said that she thought I had changed my mind. It was still very good. I just had to put it together myself!


My quesadilla, I mean fajita.

I also had a nice birthday surprise from Director Jeff. He & his wife went to the Cape last week and he knew of my love of the Red Sox, so he picked up a few trinkets of the 2007 World Series Champions. He gave me the 2007 Sports Illustrated World Series Commemorative Edition. It's the best, every single page is all about the Sox. Even the advertisements. I'll have to put it away in the Time Capsule to keep it safe. Jeff also gave me a fun bumper sticker and a sign for my wall. (When I got back from lunch, the bumper sticker was missing and being held hostage.... but I was able to retrieve it fairly easily w/o having to pay a ransom. Darn jealous Yankee fans...)

Today marked the end of my work week. I am very pleased to have the next 5 days off. Other than having my parents coming to visit for Thanksgiving, I have no big plans. It's nice not to have to drive anywhere or to rush here or there. I enjoy cooking and hosting, and am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I am hoping to relax and enjoy our long weekend.

2 comments:

rb said...

awww, that's a good picture! most be the photographer.

Amanda said...

Well... he is a professional and all. I did run it through photoshop for some "treatment" though. :)