Saturday, November 24, 2007

Black Friday, Bowling & Bee Movie

So Black Friday is thankfully over. The drive to the mall will be a little more tolerable now. Yesterday was insane. My mom and I went out around 11am. We got back home at 12:30. We'd had enough. The traffic was horrible. The stores were full. There was nothing on my list that I needed immediately. Mom got a few things that she needed. Then we went home for leftover turkey and stuffing.

They headed back to PA later that afternoon then Alex and I headed for the bowling alley. The parking lot was full. The inside was packed. There were no empty lanes. So we left. We will try again another day.

Around 4:15, Alex was going stir-crazy. So I suggested we go to a movie. We looked online. "Bee Movie" started at 4:40. We looked at each other, grabbed our shoes and coats and ran out the door. We were in our seats, with popcorn in hand at 4:39. The movie was cute. It could certainly have waited for DVD release, but it was fun. And there were a few scenes that had Alex in stitches. After the movie, we stopped at Toys R Us to check out the Zune deals that were in the paper. The deals of course were gone. Oh well. Maybe they'll be back.

We headed home for some more turkey leftovers. And decided to put together a puzzle I had picked up at the Dollar Store that morning. We spent the rest of the evening (until 11:30pm!) working on the puzzle and watching tv. It was a very nice day, other than the Black Friday traffic. For anyone who braved the cold weather and crowds today, you are a better person than I!

No comments: