Sunday, November 4, 2007

Flea Market Fun

.
This morning we got up early... which was really late since we lost an hour or was it gain an hour. Something like that... I'm still not sure what time it is! Anyway, my dad & I headed for the Regional Market Flea Market early this morning. There's a weekly indoor/outdoor flea market in Syracuse every Sunday morning, all year round. I try to get there a few times a year, when I think of it. The summer is better of course since there are more outdoor vendors. But you're always bound to find something you "need" no matter what time of year it is. I really enjoy going to the flea market with my dad. He's a "professional" and it's fun learning tips and secrets from the best. He can out-haggle anyone.
.
We found some interesting items today. I saw a neat wooden box that caught my eye. It had a tag that said $25 on it. I walked away. My dad was looking at some other items and was starting to discuss prices with the vendor and deciding whether he wanted them or not. I told him about the box. I went back to look at it again, and the guy said I could have it for $10. I would have done it, but then my dad had his items (old silverware for re-sale), and the guy initially told him they would be $10 for the lot. So my dad asked the vendor what he could do for him if he bought both items. The guy said $15. Sold! So my $25 box ended up being $7.50. Here's a photo of it, already in its new home. I'm not sure what to put in it yet, but it's so neat!
.
.
We wandered around, dad found a few more "deals". I bought a bag of home-made sugared donuts that we ate for breakfast and I got a couple of other things. Here's a photo of dad with a new sign he got for $1. "The Hurrier I Go, the Behinder I Get". That would be a good sign for my office at work...
.



.
So the weekend was a huge success! Last night was fun with our dinner and all our guests. I got my first Snow Blower lesson. I hear there's snow in the forecast this week. I wonder if I will need the Blower...
.
Oh and one more thing: A BIIIGGGG thank you to "ALR Shipping" for sending Red Sox World Series Champion shirts in 3 days. She beat DHL by 4 days, had a personal note inside and an extra gift to boot! Amy, you're the best!! We will try them on and send a photo soon...
.


No comments: