Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More from the Stay-cation

Scooch watching the Paw Sox Game.


Alex and I had a busy and productive day yesterday. First thing I did was get a much needed hair cut. Then I got busy in the garage, cleaning up from the yard sale. I piled boxes in the car to take to the Rescue Mission and I packed more Hefty bags full of garbage. (I can't wait for garbage day tomorrow!) Alex slept in, but after he woke up, he went with me to drop off the Rescue Mission stuff. We took lots of bottles and cans to Wegmans too. I let him keep the proceeds. Then we went to the video store to rent some movies. There's a new video store in the area (Blockbuster closed...) so we tried the new place out. Kids get a free rental for every "A" they get on their report card. So he got coupons for 5 free movie rentals. (You can only use one at a time.) That was very nice, plus for the first 30 days, you get 50% off movie rentals. Oh and kids movie rentals are free with every regular movie rental. So we rented 5 movies yesterday and it cost me 54 cents. Finally, something is cheap out there!

So we went home to watch movies. I watched "27 Dresses" and he watched a Yu-Gi-Oh movie... then at 6:15, we headed over to the Chiefs/Paw Sox game. Alex brought a friend from the neighborhood since I had some extra tickets.

The game was great. Clay Buchholz pitched for the Paw Sox, which was a nice surprise. Mike Timlin even came in for an inning in the 6th. Another nice surprise! Jed Lowrie was at shortstop too. (Lowrie is #3 in the photo above. Buchholz is on the mound.) They played very well despite the horrible conditions.


Around the 3rd inning, the dark clouds rolled in and it started to rain. And it never really stopped. We moved back to a covered section. The photo above shows where we were... the section with all the umbrellas. I was surprised they finished the game. At one point, one of the Chiefs batters lost his grip on the bat when he swung and it flew into the stands. Kind of scary. But nobody was hurt thankfully.


Mike Timlin on the mound in this photo. I would have gotten a closer shot, but I didn't want to get wet, it was pouring rain! The Paw Sox won the game 5-2.

3 comments:

Beth in NEPA said...

.54 for 5 movies is good. Remember when we first started to be able to rent movies and they were always $3.00 for one night........

And getting to see Clay Buchholz AND Mike Timlin pitch was excellent.
Wonder if you will get to see Big Poppy one of these days.

rb said...

i think you should come back to work.. i'm very bored with you gone.

Anonymous said...

I am also very bored when you're gone. But that is a SUPER deal on the movies and so jealous of your Red Sox stories. You seem to always pick the right games!