Sunday, June 29, 2008

Stay-cation

We're on vacation this week. Well, it officially started last Friday. The last day of school was Thursday, so I took Friday off and this upcoming week as well. And we're not going anywhere. I'm pretty excited about that. I didn't plan on gas prices being so high when we made the decision not to travel, but boy I sure am glad we didn't make plans now!

So far this vacation, we've had a 2-day Garage Sale and we went to JazzFest to see Sergio Mendes. (Of course, I forgot to bring my camera.) The Garage Sale went pretty well the first day, but the 2nd day it rained on and off all day. But my neighbor who was helping me had a nice empty garage, so we ended up using both garages and had a decent amount of customers, considering the weather was terrible.

The "big" plans for Alex and I for our week off include attending a Chiefs/PawSox game, going to Arby's for Beef & Cheddar sandwiches, trying out the new "Nothing but Noodles" restaurant, going mini-golfing and catching up on some movie rentals. Nothing major, but we're thrilled to have the time to relax. Alex is happy to just be able to hang out and play with his friends in the neighborhood. He's currently holding a "Yu-Gi-Oh" card tournament in the garage. I've started packing and cleaning things out. I'm planning on having a huge amount of garbage this week. I'm already up to about 8 giant Hefty bags. My neighbor helped me get 6 big bags of clothes and some old furniture (leftover from the garage sale) over to the Rescue Mission trailer yesterday. I'm feeling very productive, I hope it continues!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss you sorely.

Anonymous said...

Mmm...Arbys... That would be the vacation highlight for me.