Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Mobile Windshield

About 2 months ago, or perhaps longer, my windshield was struck by a flying rock on the highway on my way to work. It landed below my windshield wiper. I didn't know this until a few days later when a crack started appearing above the wiper. And it continued to the almost the edge of the windshield. Then a few days later another crack appeared, coming from the other side of the initial rock impact. And it started going towards the right, and almost made it to the other side, but then headed up. It's quite a site. My line of vision is still clear, otherwise I might have been in a rush to get it replaced.

Thankfully, my insurance covers a new windshield 100%. I called my insurance company a couple of weeks ago and they recommended a "Mobile Windshield" company. They come to me with a new windshield (which took a week and a half to get here) and replace it on the spot. I don't even have to go anywhere and leave the car. So today is finally the day! I'm very excited to have a nice new windshield again. I even have a new registration sticker waiting to apply to the windshield. I just hope it doesn't rain while he's replacing it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and how does it look???

Amanda said...

It looks great! Unfortunately, I can hear wind blowing in... I don't think that's a good thing. I'm going to have to call the guy tomorrow.