Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Home Stretch

According to the initial "offer" papers, we are buying our new house on July 28th. That's 2 1/2 weeks away! I think I might be starting to get a little stressed... for several reasons. One, we don't want to discuss (Eric's house sale, err... non-sale), and the other is just the whole "getting stuff organized" thing. I've been avoiding blogging about this recently because I'm sure it bores my loyal readers.

Last night while Eric and I were talking, we realized we still have a lot to do and we're running out of time! My morning will be spent making phone calls... making sure we're still on schedule, trying to reserve a mover, talking with the lawyer about closings, getting in last minute papers, buying a refrigerator.... Oh, did you know that when your company is sold half way through the year, your paycheck no longer reflects your entire years earnings? I guess I hadn't really noticed. Well, the bank did and they are requiring an explanation. At least it's an easy one.

In other news, Alex is loving camp this week. He's at a "College for Kids" day camp at a local community college. His 2 favorite classes are "Video Game Evolution" (he almost won the Pong tournament!) and "Flag Football". He's having fun, making new friends and realizing how lucky he is that he has a Wii and not an Atari 2400. (Although I sure have fond memories playing Space Invaders on the big console TV...)

No comments: