Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Sassy Pirate

Yesterday, one of the producers of our morning talk show approached me about being a "model" for their Halloween Costume Fashion Show today. I have done this in the past, well once anyway. I was a "Lady in Leather", sporting a very nice leather jacket. A Halloween costume sounded almost fun. So I agreed. However, she did not know at that time what the costumes were going to be. That made me a bit nervous, but I agreed anyway.

I arrived at work this morning and was told I was going to be a Sassy Pirate. Ok. That didn't seem too bad. I could be a pirate. I pictured black striped pants, an eye patch maybe, a fun sword, a crazy hat. You know, normal pirate stuff. Boy, I guess I was wrong! Check out the outfit the costume shop brought for me to wear. I about fell over.



I immediately panicked. There was no way I was going to wear that costume. And especially not on television!! I had not prepared for this. I needed a tan, some high heels (I was wearing boots with socks!), maybe some black tights, a padded bra?!? There was no way I was going to wear that outfit. Nope. Not going to do it. Thankfully, the costume shop brought an extra costume. And this is what I ended up wearing. A nice simple, full-length princess dress with a very tall hat.



If you'd care to see the fashion show, it is online. I would like to add (before you watch it and make total fun of me) that I was in a great deal of pain and could not turn my head to the right. With that said, here it is. No laughing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you didn't wind up as Pebbles.

rb said...

omg, that sassy pirate is funny. did they really expect someone to wear that?