Monday, October 1, 2007

Please Stay in Your Shoes for the Remainder of the Show


We went to the Phantom of the Opera last night. (One of the biggest perks for working where I do, we very often get treated to free tickets to lots of neat events!) I had never been to the Phantom of the Opera and was very impressed by the quality of the show. The set changes were amazing. For such a small stage, the crew of this show has to be commended. The detail of the set pieces and the quick changes of giant staircases. And how did they make it look like that little boat was floating through water?? Wow. I was in awe.

There was a major downside to the show however. It was the large man sitting behind us. Please tell me, who in there right mind would think it would be ok to take off their shoes for an entire musical, while sitting in such close quarters?? Poor Eric had his face buried in his shirt for much of the first half of the show. Thankfully the odor didn't hit me until the second half. But my goodness, I was gagging by the end of the show. It was truly horrendous.

No comments: