Thursday, September 4, 2008

1 down, 179 to go

The first day of school went off without a hitch. Well, if you don't include Alex missing the bus. It's a good thing we live right next to the school. He's going to just walk to school tomorrow. He would love to ride his bike, but there is only one very small bike rack at the school, which I find rather annoying. With the high gas prices, why isn't the school promoting not only good health, but a way to save gas as well? Oh, and if anyone is looking for the traditional first day of school photo, there aren't any here. I was told to leave my camera at home.

We've been a little busy this past week, which is why I haven't updated the blog. We've been feverishly working on home improvements. Eric stained the deck, I painted another bathroom. I'm hoping to start on the kitchen/den this weekend.

We also went to the Fair (for fun) last weekend and I have lots of photos. But I haven't had a chance to upload them yet. I will post a link when I get around to it.

This upcoming weekend is Irish Fest! That's our favorite "fest" in Syracuse. I hope that former Hurricane Hanna stays to the east of us so we can enjoy that Saturday evening.

No comments: