Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mole Check, For Sale Signs & Heroes

Tonight has been nice and quiet for a change. We're waiting for the Celtics game to start and I am finding that I really don't have anything to do! The house is spotless. I clean it every morning. So I don't need to do that. This is the first night in a while that I really don't have much going on. So I thought I'd blog.

First off, I had my 6 month "mole check" this afternoon. Those are fun. It's a full-body mole check. It's a good thing I like my doctor, because it's a rather personal thing. She's very good at keeping the conversation going so that you don't really realize what an awkward situation it really is. She saw one mole in the middle of my back that she didn't like, so she ended up removing it and sending it off for a biopsy. Other than that, I got an all-clear and get to go back in another 6 months. I highly recommend everyone keeping an eye on their moles and getting an annual check-up from a dermatologist. Oh, and stay out of the sun! Tanning lotion is a good thing if you're so inclined to keep up a golden bronze look.

Secondly, I don't really want to say much about the house sales. I don't want to jinx anything. So I won't. I will say however that I'm super angry at the sign-thief in Eric's neighborhood. He has now had his "For Sale" sign stolen THREE times. I hope someone isn't trying to tell him something. It's not nice. The police have now been there twice. Tonight's thief stole the sign between 5-5:40pm. They're quite bold whoever they are. Stealing in broad daylight. I think Eric needs to install a camera and catch the thief!

Lastly, I need to thank my Dad. This past weekend, he and my mom came up to visit. And my dad (my hero!) fixed some things in my house that I believe will help make a sale happen. He spent a day and a half (on the hottest day of the year) outside working on my house. He patched up a cracked cinder block in the foundation, he filled a hole in the garage floor, he repaired the railing (and painted it) and then he stuccoed the front steps. It turned out SOOO nice. And I can't thank him enough for his hard work. It looks so good, I really wish I had done all the improvements years ago so I could have enjoyed them longer. Here is a photo of the front door area. I wish I had taken a before picture in the same location so you could see the difference. You'll just have to take my word for it! Thanks Dad!!

No comments: